SLA (stereolithography) is the most accurate rapid prototyping/3D printing technology in use today. IMPM is using the newest SLA technology on the market. We are currently running two different machines: the Uniontech RS Pro 800 and the ProJet 7000®. The ProJet 7000 has a 15″x15″x10″ build platform capacity. This machine also has the option to build in High Definition to produce extra fine detail. The Uniontech RS Pro 800 has a 31″x31″x21″ build platform capacity for larger models. Both machines print in .004″ resolution, providing you with the highest quality parts.
The ProJet 7000 uses VisiJet® SL Clearvue resin for a stiff, durable, polycarbonate-like look and feel with a crystal-clear appearance that is ideal for “see-thru” applications. The Uniontech RS Pro 800 uses Somos® EvoLVe 128, a durable stereolithography material that produces accurate, high-detailed parts and has been designed for easy finishing. It has a look and feel that is almost indistinguishable from finished traditional thermoplastics, making it perfect for building parts and prototypes for functional testing applications – resulting in time, money and material savings during product development. Somos® EvoLVe 128 is an outstanding material for industries such as aerospace, automotive, medical, consumer products and electronics.
SLA model finishing options include custom paint. We can match paint to a Pantone® color or any sample you provide us.
Most SLA models can be shipped next day.
Benefits and Applications of Stereolithography
- Accurate conceptual and aesthetic models
- Accurate masters for tooling
- Fast build times
- Exemplifies fit, feel, and form of design
- Produces fine detail
- Various material options
Stereolithography at IMPM
- Newest SLA technology on the market
- Build platform as large as 31.5” x 31.5” 21.6”
- Material choice of Accura CLearVue or Somos EvoLVe 128
- Standard layer thickness of .004”
- High definition layer thickness of .002”
- Custom finishing options
- Quick quoting and build turnaround
- Most accurate masters for in-house silicone tooling